13 Jennings Street
S 260 00.049’
E 270 33.301’
Valley Lodge & Spa in Magaliesburg, South Africa is a high-end country getaway. It’s less than an hour drive away from the major cities of Gauteng. The property is surrounded by a nature reserve, with a river, indigenous vegetation, and prolific bird life.
The hotel has also received the Gold Award from the West Rand Tourism authority for providing the best Overall Accommodation, best Spa Experience, and best Tourism Establishment in West Rand.
Popular attractions near the hotel include:
- World famous Maropeng – 15 minutes drive
- The Cradle of Humankind – 15 minutes drive
- Sterkfontein Caves – 15 minutes drive
- Johannesburg CBD – 30 minutes drive
- Sandton City – 30 minutes drive
How to get to the accommodation:
1. Upon exiting the airport, keep to the right, following the signs for the R24/Johannesburg (this road joins the highway).
2. Continue straight along the R24 (N3)/Johannesburg
3. Approximately 9 km after leaving the airport, move to the center lane, which merges with the N3 highway.
4. Follow the signs for the N3/N1/ Pretoria. Take the fork to the right.
5. Immediately after this fork, turn left onto the interchange and continue following the N3/N1/Pretoria signs.
6. Proceed past all the Sandton and Randburg off-ramps.
7. From here, follow points 2 to 11 below: From Johannesburg and Gauteng.
1. Head west along N1 (concrete ring highway) just north of Johannesburg.
2. Exit from N1 at 14th Avenue off-ramp.
3. Turn right under the highway, then right again at second set of traffic lights. You are now on the M47 to Krugersdorp / Tarlton (you will pass Hillfox Power Center on your right).
4. Proceed along the M47 through ten sets of traffic lights. After approximately 1. 5 km, you will reach a four-way intersection distinguished by a Sasol Petrol Station on the opposite left hand side of the intersection. (Muldersdrift Laerskool is just before this intersection on the left-hand side)
5. Proceed straight across.
6. Continue along the M47, which now becomes the N14 (to Ventersdorp) for approximately 10.5 km, then you will reach a T-junction (opposite and to the right is a Zenex (now Engen) Petrol Station).
7. Turn right onto the R563 and continue straight, with a signpost to Hekpoort.
8. Continue on this road for approximately 8.5 km after which you will see the signboard indicating R24 to Magaliesburg on the left (this road is also identified by the Maropeng sign, turning in the same direction).
9. Turn left onto this road to Magaliesburg, continuing for 12 km before reaching an intersection, which is the R24, indicating Magaliesburg to the right. Turn right and continue straight down the hill for 5.4 km into the village of Magaliesburg.
10. Cross over the railway line (Wimpy is to your left) and turn right in the center of the Village at the BP Garage.
11. After approximately 500 m, turn right onto the Valley Lodge Road and continue to the hotel.
1. Get onto the R28, which is the highway from Pretoria to Krugersdorp.
2. Proceed for approximately 60 km until you reach a four-way intersection, distinguished by a Sasol Petrol Station on the opposite, right hand side.
3. Turn right onto N14 to Tarlton/Ventersdorp.
4. From here, follow points 2 to 11 above: From Johannesburg and Gauteng.